The Authors

Sunday, July 27, 2008

What do I remember most about my time at primary school?

When I was Primary Six, I experienced many different things with my class. The most memorable one was my first camp that I went to. The camp was our reward for peer tutoring, which lasted for a long period of time. Initially, I was unable to attend the camp. However, after much persuasion, my parents finally consented let me attend the camp. The camp was held at Sentosa’s Underwater World.

We went there on a Friday evening and when we reached there, we were taken for a walk in the Underwater World. After that, we watched a documentary on sharks and how cruel getting shark fins is. Soon, all of us were exhausted and we headed for our showers. Then, we slept beside the conveyor belts. It was an interesting experience sleeping beneath marine animals. Everyone felt weird and scared of sleeping because we were right beneath a whole tank of water. Furthermore, the boys were sleeping underneath the sharks. I was so terrified and shocked whenever there was a thud sound. I feared that water may gush out from the tank along with the sharks. Although my mind kept thinking about those terrifying thoughts, I managed to fell asleep later.

The next day, we went to the Dolphin Lagoon and watched the performance by the dolphins and their trainers. It was spectacular. After the show, I was stunned when I was told we will be in close contact with the adorable dolphins. I was elated at that thought but I always feared being too deep in the waters. Hence, I hesitated about touching the dolphins from beside. However, I was relieved when I realized that the waters was shallow and only up till my knees.

All in all, the camp was the only experience that I had with my friends that I would never forget and will cherish up till now. This camp made me know more about my friends and feel bonded to them despite being unable to go out often with them.

-Jason, (39)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home